On The Issues:

I believe in keeping taxes low, especially in tough economic times. Many Shawnee citizens have seen their income become stagnant but have less money to spend because of tax increases over the same time period. I would like to see the citizens of Shawnee keep more of their own money.

Another goal of mine is to make Shawnee more friendly to small businesses by reducing excessive regulation. If Shawnee won’t be friendly to small businesses, then other cities will.

I believe in the people, which translates to a smaller role for government. I believe that money is best spent in the hands of those who earn it, which is done through keeping taxes low, and eliminating excessive regulations. Business should be treated as friends, but not at an additional burden to taxpayers.

I want to make sure the people of Ward 2 are being represented. When the city added the franchise tax to your utility bills, increased your property tax, increased the sales tax on the Ten Quivira Plaza shopping center, discussed going with a single trash hauler, and then chose to do away with detailed minutes so we could hold them accountable, I felt as though the city was overspending and over regulating.


My Core Beliefs:

Representing the Residents of Ward 2
Transparency and Openness in Government
Constitutional Rights and Freedom
Eliminate Excessive Regulations
Low Taxes

 

I, Mike Kemmling, ask your support to serve YOU on the Shawnee City Council. In addition to your vote, I ask for your help in the following manner:

  • May I put a sign in your yard in the month of March?
  • Would you consider hosting a meet the candidate in Shawnee?
  • As you know, a successful campaign cost money, and I would be deeply appreciative of any contribution that you could make.
I hope I can count on your support, and I would be grateful for any assistance you could provide.